Tuesday, June 17, 2014

VividCortex review

EDIT: Baron Schwartz kindly asked me to remove this blog post. I'm not going to do this, but I agree it was too harsh, it's my fault I didn't read the terms of service I was going to review.

Back story: I reviewed free trial of a service. The legal document I accepted when registering did not allow trial users to publish their reviews. They contacted me about it and you can see my original reaction below. I don't think this is the best way to promote a product, but it's just my personal opinion, and Baron - being an experienced blogger - claims it's normal practice.

Remember, kids: use only Free Software if you don't want any trouble!

There was a 3 pages long VividCortex review here, but they said writing a public review violates their ToS unless they accept it. If they don't want free publicity, I don't care and wish them all the best promoting their product this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment